We love pets and understand how difficult it is to find nice accommodations that permit pets which is why our properties are pet-friendly. Only dogs and cats are permitted at the chalets.
However, we do have rules that must be adhered to. if we find the rules are not being followed, we will have to remove the policy allowing pets. So please be respectful of our property and of future guests who would like to bring their 4-legged family member by reading the Pet Rules and only bringing only pets that comply with them.
Please tell us about any pets that you would like to bring on your trip in your reservation request and include details like breed, age, social temperament, and any other details that would be helpful to know about your 4-legged family member.
Check-In: Anytime after 4:00 pm
Check-Out: By 11:00 am
All of our chalets are self-check-in via a digital keypad on the entry door so you can arrive and depart on your schedule. You will receive your individual code for the keypad via e-mail, along with all the check-in instructions, the day before your arrival.
Standard Cancellation Policy
COVID-19 Policy (Effective July 1, 2022): The risk of acquiring COVID is a known risk to travel along and should be considered by the traveler. In alignment with current travel industry standards, our standard cancellation policy is in effect, and it is the traveler's responsibility to purchase travel insurance related to any losses.
WiFi: All of our chalets are equipped with Bell Fibe high-speed wifi that can accommodate multiple connections, video conferencing, and streaming.
TV: All chalets are equipped with a large HDTV flat screen.
Streaming services: The chalets do not have cable but do include access to Netflix. Please feel free to log into any additional services that you have subscriptions to, but make sure to log out upon checkout.
Bluetooth speaker: Each chalet has a portable Bluetooth speaker.
We want to make vacationing as easy as possible so we provide as many everyday household items as we can. So before you start packing your house for vacation, take a look at our amenities to see what is included with your rental by clicking here.
Oh, and if you have any suggestions on additional items we should include, please tell us so we can consider adding it!
At Chalets Hygge, we take great pride in providing our guests with a clean and comfortable space. We believe a detailed and thorough cleaning is necessary between stays to ensure your comfort and safety. That's why we add a cleaning fee to our rentals, allowing us to bring in professional cleaners to deep clean and sanitize every surface, from the floors to the countertops and beyond.
A whole house rental does not compare to a hotel room rental in terms of amenities, both of which require greater attention to cleaning and the need for cleaning fees. We ask you to perform a few checkout tasks because our cleaning costs are significantly higher than the fee we charge as part of the reservation (yes, even for short 2-day stays). Taking a few minutes of your time helps us keep our fees more affordable for our guests.
Without the combination of basic guest tasks and a cleaning fee, we would have to increase our nightly rates significantly. We really don't want to do this because we want to make our chalets accessible to as many people as possible.
During winter, we attempt to keep the firewood and fire starters as a courtesy to our guests. However, they are not a term of the rental. If any of these items are out of stock at the chalet they can generally be found most grocery stores, depanneurs, or general stores. Feel free to ask us about the availability of firewood at the chalet you are renting.
During the summer months (April/May - October/November), firewood is not provided.
Park only in the designated chalet driveway. Each chalet driveway will accommodate between 2 to 3 cars, which is sufficient for the capacity of the chalet.
Because we are in the country and close to nature, we have daily residents such as squirrels, raccoons, ants, garden snakes, and mice. There is nothing to worry about as they are all harmless.
The exterminator comes three times a year, but we cannot prevent nature from doing its thing. They use only pet/child/food-friendly treatments, so there is no poison, and any traps are inside boxes. Just be aware you may see the boxes in various closets and cabinets in the chalet.
Here are some tips to prevent uninvited guests from joining your vacation:
• Spring & Summer are ant season. Nothing should be kept outside the refrigerator to prevent ants from eating your food.
• Fall is when our nature, our local residents, such as squirrels, raccoons, and mice, can be a bit more active getting ready for winter.
• Keep exterior doors closed as much as possible, especially the screen doors to the patio.
• Make sure that food is put away, and never leave any food outside.
• Don’t leave any trash outside the containers in the driveway. Ensure the lid on the outside trash and compost containers are closed and latched after putting your bags in them.
ATTENTION: We occasionally have wild cats or coyotes in the area. While this is rare, we recommend watching your pets and young children.
To protect the tranquility of our neighborhood (because we genuinely love our neighbors), our property, and the safety of our guests, we use 2 types of property monitoring:
- A noise monitoring device called Noise Aware. It does NOT capture conversations; it simply monitors the noise level (measured in decibels). The decibel monitoring sensors are located inside and outside of the home.
- Each chalet has a camera facing the driveway. The camera angle is not pointed toward any areas inside the chalet or patio, so there's no need to worry about privacy. We understand that our chalets may not always be occupied, so we want to ensure that our guests and property are always protected. The camera helps us to do that by providing a visual record of who is coming and going and helping us to identify any potential issues or incidents that may occur on the property. We hope this puts your mind at ease during your stay with us. If you would like us to provide a picture of what the camera is looking any for any chalets please don't hesitate to ask.
Disabling or removing the Noise Aware decibel monitor or the driveway camera will result in a complete security deposit loss.